Hilah shows you how to make some tasty, edible holiday time gifts to give your family and friends! Candied almonds, pecans, and walnuts make great DIY gifts. Another idea is giving a special hot chocolate mix that Hilah teaches you how to make in this video!
– Candied Nuts –
- Add egg white and vanilla extract to a bowl. Whisk the mixture until it is frothy.
- Add about 1lb of nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans) to the mixture. Mix the nuts in until all of the nuts are well coated.
- In the mixing bowl, mix in sugar, cinnamon, salt, and ginger. Mix until the nuts are completely covered.
- On a pan with parchment paper, bake at 250 degrees for 60 – 90 minutes. Be sure to stir the nuts every 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Put nuts into a mason jar.
- Cut a piece of fabric that is about 2 inches larger on all sides than your jar lid.
- Close the fabric in the ring of the lid and attach a custom tag!
– Hot Chocolate-
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Chop the bittersweet chocolate.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Only add the cinnamon and cayenne pepper if you want spiced hot chocolate. Blend all the mixture until it is smooth (there are no more chocolate chunks).
- To serve: 3 tablespoons of mix for 8 ounces of hot milk.
- Put the mix into a bag and tie off the end.
- Put the package into a decorative mug with a fancy spoon and a tag with instructions.