Ana White is back this month with another fun DIY project anyone can make: no experience necessary! These ladder shelves are super trendy right now and it’s no wonder because they are so versatile. You can use them to help decorate any room of your home. Let us know how you might use one!
The great thing about this DIY Ladder project is it takes less than an hour to make and all of the materials cost a total of $10!
What you’ll need:
- (2) 10 Ft. 2X4
- (16) Wood Screws
- Circular Saw/Chop Saw
- Measuring Tape
After you have your supplies ready, you’re ready to get started!
Step 1 – Cut Your Pieces using a Saw or Circular Saw
- Cut (2) 83″ ladder legs out first
- Cut (4) 18″ ladder shelves out of your 2’X4’s
Step 2 – Mark Your Shelve Spots on the Legs
- Most tape measures have every 16″ inches marked for you, but if not, on your ladder legs, measure out and mark every 16″ for the ladder shelves to be added.
Step 3 – Line Up the Shelves and Legs then Start Assembling!
- You can use self-tapping screws and then using 2 screws per Shelf (on each side), screw them into the inside of the Ladder Legs.
- Do this from the outside of the Ladder on both sides.
- Sand to prep the wood for stain/paint!
Step 4 – Stain, Paint, and customize!
- We recommend using Watco Danish Oil – It stains, protects and seals the wood, all in one!
- Try a distressed look with crackle paint and these tips from Lindsay!
Step 5 – Give it a home!
You can use baskets, blankets, and shoes on the shelf to clear up space in a hallway or living area, or add some twinkling lights and picture frames for a unique bedroom focal point. Have another idea? Share it with us on Facebook!
See more from Ana White on her channel!
Like what you see here? Subscribe to our channel on YouTube. We’d love to have you 🙂